There are two types of people in this world: those who don’t eat oatmeal and those who can’t live without oatmeal.
For some people, breakfast wouldn’t be complete without oatmeal. This has become the food for those who are on the road to a healthy lifestyle in order to keep a good shape. It can be seen typically with different fruits on top, not for some decorations, but to give necessary vitamins and proteins to those who will get to finish the bowl.
To keep the daily dose of oatmeal while achieving sweet tooth cravings, people come up to this idea: to make chewy oatmeal cookies. Yes, these oats can’t only be seen in bowls but also in packs. This is a great idea for those who want to get a taste of oats while outdoor. These oatmeal cookies are good-to-go, so they are not only good for breakfast, but also for snacks, or well, just anytime!
These oatmeal cookies come in a variety of flavors, depending on your taste. One of the famous oatmeal cookies is with raisins. I know people who don’t eat raisins, but not with raisin oatmeal cookies. Who would say no to its moist, crunchy edges, and sweetened brown sugar with sprinkled raisins when you get a taste? You’ll probably get a chance to experience sweet cravings while savoring its chewiness.
You don’t have to worry if you can’t find these chewy oatmeal cookies near you. Good news: you can actually make a homemade version of yours! You’ll get a chance to experience the chewy oatmeal cookies everytime you want for you will no longer go outside to buy some. How? Read further.
I have here the list of what you need to have and what you need to do in order to have your daily dose of chewy raisin (or what you want to put) oatmeal cookies. (Make sure you have pen and paper with you so you can take down notes)
Ingredients: (what you need to have)
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins (or what you want to add)
- optional: 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Directions: (what you need to do)
- For about 2 minutes, mix cream using a hand mixer or a stand mixer to softened both the butter sugars on medium speed until it smoothened. Add the eggs and mix on high until joined, for about 1 minute. Add the vanilla and molasses and mix on high until combined. After which, set aside.
- Get another bowl and have the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt mix together. Add this to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Mix the oats, raisins, and walnuts on low. You can observe that the dough will be thick and sticky, chill it to the refrigerator for about 30-60 minutes.
- Prepare your baking equipment and preheat the oven to 350°F. Have your baking sheets with parchment paper and silicone mat lined together, and set aside.
- If your dough is ready, roll balls of dough (about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie) and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. When done, let this be bake for 11-13 minutes until it the sides get light brown while the centers will look soft and undone. Remove from the oven and let it cool on baking sheet for 5 more minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- You can now enjoy and savor your chewy oatmeal raisin cookies!
Read link: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/soft-chewy-oatmeal-raisin-cookies/
Here are important tips:
- You can use sea salt because it creates a great contrast with the sweetness of your cookies.
- Use room temperature eggs when using room temperature butter!
- Soak your raisins in warm water for 10 minutes before using. This makes them looks nice and plump in your cookies!
- Customize your heart's content- add what you like!
Now that you already know what you need and the directions you will follow, make sure you also have the trusted baking tools and equipment. Make your favorite chewy oatmeal cookies with the help of Bakers Dozen. You can explore and look for the best baking tools and equipment that you need with high-quality products, guaranteed in Bakers Dozen. Visit our website to know more!