Donuts have been one of the most favorable baked pastries. And who would’ve thought that people would be enticed with a popular donut brand flavor, loved by the masses all over the world - Krispy Kreme Glazed Donut.
Krispy Kreme Glazed Donut is the signature brand of an international donut brand Krispy Kreme. With its massive success in the food market, it is one of the most selected donuts. Moreover, it’s made of an authentic glazed yeast that made them victorious.
If you’re interested in making such lovely treats, Baker’s Dozen will be a great partner to help. So, here is an interesting glazed donut-inspired recipe that can help you have a taste of it.
Krispy Kreme Inspired Donut: The Original Krispy Kreme Glazed Donut
This all-time favorite classic glazed donut will never be forgotten. Why? Its special secret is in its fresh, soft donut base and sweet, light sugar glaze.
To achieve this, here is the full recipe guide just for you mastered by Sabrina Synder.
- 2 packets of ¼ oz yeast
- ¼ cup of 105-115° degrees warm water
- 1 ½ cup of scalded then cooled lukewarm water
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of shortening
- 5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 cups of vegetable oil/shortening for deep frying
- 2 ½ cups of confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of light corn syrup
For the Donut:
- Add water and yeast in a stand mixer. Then, set it aside for about 10 minutes.
- Add milk, sugar, salt, eggs, shortening and 2 cups of flour. Then, mix it the mixer at medium speed for about 2 minutes. Moreover, add the rest of the flour and mix it once again.
- After mixing, remove the bowl on the said mixing apparatus and cover it with a clean towel. Make sure the batter will rise for about an hour.
- Afterward, try pushing the dough downwards. Once your fingers stay, you can work on the next procedure!
- Roll the dough into ½ inch thick on a floured surface.
- Dive in your doughnut cutter in the flour and cut it out onto the wax paper.
- Then, let it rise, covered in a warm spot for about 30-45 minutes.
- Deep fry the prepared donut doughs each side for 90 seconds by casting an iron pan or deep saucepan. Let the vegetable shortening heated for about 375°. For positive results, use a kitchen thermometer to measure the temperature.
- Drain the newly deep-fried donuts on a durable cooling rack to drain all the grease and oil.
For the Glaze:
- Add all the glaze ingredients such as powdered sugar, milk, and corn syrup on to the bowl and microwave the mixture for about 30 seconds.
- Finally, pour the newly cooked glaze on the donuts.
For more fun-filled baking recipes, make worth-while saccharine sweets with the most reliable partners in the kitchen -- Baker’s Dozen. We at Baker’s Dozen believe that baking can be easy and simple while using its finest baking tools in this one-stop-shop. Visit us for more thrilling pastry ideas and materials with us today!