Celebrating holidays is the perfect family bonding experience. Family members are able to gather and enjoy this momentous annual event for the year. Every occasion is highly anticipated to have a feast gathering. Whether it is small or big, having a feast to enjoy together is important for them. What is more savoring is to eat home-made, cooked foods that remind them good old memories.
Food would never be exciting without desserts. If you do have a sweet tooth for sugary treats, then baking is the best option. Being a culinary genius may be great to make the best treats. Yet, time and patience are required to obtain this skill.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Must-Have Best Holiday Dessert Recipes to Serve
Finish the holiday celebration with this mouth-watering treats. Spice up the night from preparing these delicacies. Satisfaction is highly guaranteed! So, here are the most requested dessert recipes that can be added on the menu list.
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
This lovely cheesecake is a two-layered dream cake: a mushy layer of red velvet cheesecake filled with another layer of velvety, appetizing plain cheesecake. It is a must try this season!
It requires an hour and a half cooking process including the preparation. Best for family servings.
Ingredients for Red Velvet Cheesecake:
- 1 cup softened cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons red liquid food coloring
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin powder
- ¾ cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- grated white chocolate for the top décor
Procedure for Red Velvet Cheesecake:
- Preheat the oven by 300°F. Lubricate the 7-inch round pan with shortening and parchment paper.
- For the first layer: Combine cream cheese, sugar cacao powder and red food coloring in an electric mixer. Beat it until the sugar is completely suspended. Add the egg yolks and whole egg afterward, mix it well. Add whipping cream and vanilla. Mix the mixture for about 3 to 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and feathery.
Then, pour the mixture into the pan. Then place the pan in a big baking pan with boiling water poured halfway on the side of the round pan. Place the pans in the oven and bake for about an hour. After baking, remove the pans from the oven and let it cool for a while. Cover it with a foil wrapper and refrigerate.
- For the second layer: First, dissolve the gelatin in water and wait to rise for 2 minutes. Second, beat the cream cheese in the electric mixer until it becomes fluffy. Third, Heat the gelatin in the microwave and let it be cooled for 2 minutes. Fourth, combine and mix the gelatin, yogurt and lemon juice to cream cheese.
- Pour the final cream cheese mixture above the first layer in the round pan. Then, cover it with foil and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- After removing it in the round pan, serve it with grated white chocolate sprinkled on top.
- Chocolate Cream Pie
Cravings satisfied this season with this oozing chocolate crust pie. A bit of cream is added to balance the perfect chocolaty taste.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cream Pie:
- 1 9 inches baked pie crust
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup softened frozen whipped topping
Procedure for Chocolate Cream Pie:
- Add the cream, egg yolks, sugar cornstarch, cocoa powder salt and milk in a big-size mixing bowl.
- Spill the mixture in a large pan and cook over medium hit. Stir it continuously until it boiled. After boiling, remove it from the heat. Mix it with butter and vanilla extract, afterward; pour it in the pie pan. Let it cool before serving. Add some white whipped topping for the final touch.
Fruitcake is an all-time favorite delight during Christmas. Fruits and nuts are incorporated with this sumptuous and festive treat. It can be also a perfect gift for your loved ones.
Ingredients for Fruitcake:
- -⅛ cup chopped dried cherries
- - ⅛ cup chopped dried mangoes
- - ¼ cup dried cranberries
- -¼ cup dried currants
- - 2 tablespoons chopped candied citron
- - ¼ dark rum
- - ½ cup butter
- -1 cup brown sugar
- - 1 egg
- -1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- -1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- -1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
-¼ cup unsulfured molasses
-2 tablespoons milk
-¼ cup chopped pecans
-¼ cup divided dark rum
Procedure for Fruitcake:
- Soak the dried cherries, mangoes, cranberries, and citron in ¼ cup of rum for at least 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven for about 325 °F. Grease the loaf pan with butter and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the cream, butter, and sugar and mix it until it becomes soft. Whisk it with egg, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; add it with butter and sugar in three batches, adding with molasses and milk afterward. Stir it with soaked fruits and chopped nuts. Then, prepare the batter in the pan. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. After cooling, pour at least 2 teaspoons of rum.
Now that you have these exciting ideas, these will guarantee you that you will have the best treats with the help of Bakers Dozen. Baker’s Dozen has wide arrays of baking materials just for you. You’ll surely create the best holiday treats with the use of premium quality products from Baker’s Dozen. Visit our website for more exciting product deals from us.